2017 BCYF Exhibitor Camping Guidelines
2016 campers may reserve the same camping site with full payment of $200 or $250 if over 35 ft by March 1, 2017. Sites not paid for by March 1 will become available. Starting May 1, 2017, 9 a.m. to July 1, 2016 (or when # of available sites are paid for, rest will go on waiting list), we will accept reservations for available camping sites. Site locations will be determined by the Camping Committee based on size of the sites available. No refunds allowed! If you choose to cancel your spot after payment, your site is forfeited.
Camping on the fairgrounds is a privilege. Requirements enforced by the Michigan Department of Health must be met at all times by the Berrien County Youth Fair. The following requirements have been approved and must be met by those camping on the fairgrounds. NO TENTS ARE ALLOWED.
*The camping fee includes one pump-out on Wednesday or Thursday of fair week. Must be accessible and unlocked!*
- All campers will be parked in camp site, numeric order at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 12, 2017. Overnight stay will begin on Sunday, August 13, 2017.
- All camping units must have a permit issued by the Berrien County Youth Fair visible at all times. It will ist the unit size, type, # of campers and their names. This MUST be correct at time of entry.
- Units may leave between 10:00 am and 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 20, 2017. No units will leave the fairgrounds before Sunday, August 20, 2017. Early departure will result in revocation of future camping privileges.
- No more than two vehicles per unit will be allowed to be parked in designated exhibitor camping area parking. These vehicles must be registered with the Security Office and get a permit issued by the Berrien County Youth Fair and be visible at all times. There will be NO CAR PARKING ALLOWED IN CAMPER VILLAGE.
- Camp sites shall NOT be occupied by more than one family or one camping group of no more than eight people (10 people if over 35 ft). At least one parent/grandparent or legal guardian must be present at the campsite to supervise minors.
- Water outlets are available in camping areas for filling purposes only. Direct connections are forbidden.
- Gray water MAY NOT be disposed of on the ground, per Michigan State Law. All waste must be disposed of properly by pumping. Anyone disposing of waste or gray water improperly will be evicted immediately from the fairgrounds and may lose future camping privileges.
- Each camping unit may use one 30amp electrical connection, no additional connections permitted. A few sites have 50 amp, adapters not provided. ABSOLUTELY NO electrical cords are to be run to barns or permanent structures. No camper to camper connections.
- Motorcycles, three-wheel RV’s, mopeds or golf carts are only allowed with Board of Director permission.
- Quiet Hours: 11:00pm to 6:00am Any camper or campers may be asked to leave for being disorderly.
- Campers must be in the camping area by midnight and are expected to remain in the camping area until 5:00am.
- Keep grounds neat and clean around camping units.
- Use of or possession of alcoholic beverages, narcotic drugs and obscene literature of any description is forbidden on the fairgrounds. Smoking only allowed in designated parking lots.
- Pets are not allowed on the fairgrounds, except those to be shown in youth exhibitor classes on appropriate days, service animals, law enforcement dogs or commercial demonstration dogs. No livestock (equine, cattle, swine, sheep, goats, llamas, rabbits or poultry) is allowed in the camping area.
- No open flames (campfires, fire pits, candles, etc.) in the camping area. Use of gas grills are allowed in the camping area and must be noted on the application form & no charcoal is allowed. Campsites are subject to inspection by Fire Marshal.
- No switching, changing or reselling of campsites is permitted.
- Any camper violating camping rules or vehicle parking rules will be asked to leave and exhibits will be disqualified. Violations will result in revocation of future camping privileges.
- The Berrien County Youth Fair reserves the right to relocate any camper at any time we deem necessary and shall have full charge of the camping area. If you increase your camper size, you are not guaranateed your same campsite. BCYF will assign locations, collect fees, and generally supervise the camping areas. BCYF is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles.
- Any awnings & equipment must be secured at all times within your campsite.
- A pop up canopy (max. 12 x 12) is only allowed for units NOT equipped with an awning. Must be placed right next to camper & secured properly.
(updated Jan. 2017)