Entry Deadline for 2020 only is July 1st On line entries at www.bcyf.org
Check goat section for new classes in 2020 and new rules!!
All goats are required to have a scrapie tag or tattoo/microchip number with matching breed registration papers listed on their entry form and in their ear by fair time. Call 517-337-4705 to order your scrapie tag. Call early so tags arrive on time! Must report scrapie # on your entry form and must call (text preferred) the Superintendent- Elaine McKee- 269-414-6319 to state how many goats actually bringing (check book for date!)
NEW: All market goats must be brought to the fairgrounds for tagging on July 8th or 9th from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m..
All goats must go through Vet Check at Gate 3 (Shawnee Road) between 7 am and Noon, and then proceed to the Goat Barn. After checking in with your barn superintendent and unloading your animals, your final step is to go to the Entry Office before 2:00 pm.
Your area of the barn is to be kept clean daily. Any exhibitor failing to keep their pen clean will fall under the 3 Strike Rule (see page 12 of fairbook). All pens are to be totally cleaned out before 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
What You Need:
- Bedding/Straw/Shavings, you are to provide your own bedding for entry day on Sunday and for the cleaning on Wednesday.
- The exhibitor is to provide feed pans, water buckets, and hay feeders for their goats. No hay nets are permitted. Feed, grain, and hay is to be provided by the exhibitor.
- The exhibitor is to provide their own clips for the pens. Please no binder twine, bungee cords, or ropes.
- A tack box is allowed for the exhibitor to keep their belongings in. Please be considerate in regards to the size of the tack box as there is a limited amount of space in the isles.
- We ask that the exhibitor create signs to hang above their pens. They should include the exhibitor’s name and where they are from. You can also have your club name, your age, your goat’s name, or whatever you would like. The more creative the better.
- Clean up Sunday after 10:00 am is required before you leave the fairgrounds with your animals. Please bring a shovel, pitchfork, or broom to help.
Premium Checks: Checks may be picked up on Saturday of fair at the Entry Office from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. or Sunday from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. They can be cashed at either of these times also.