Camping is full for the 2023 BCYF. We have a waiting list, if you would like to be put on the list, call the Fair Office.
There will be a lottery on June 4th at 6:00 p.m. to pick your spot for those that got a spot on May 1st. Someone from your family or a representative will need to be there to choose your spot.
(updated Jan. 2023)
2023 BCYF Exhibitor Camping Rules
2023 Camping Fees are: $300 (non-refundable)
You may reserve your camp site on May 1, 2023 @ 9 a.m. with full payment of $300. No refunds allowed! If you choose to cancel your spot after payment, your site is forfeited. If you pay with an NSF check, your site will be forfeited.
Any changes to your unit or people in your unit require notifying the Fair Office before Fair.
Lottery is June 4 at 6:00 p.m.
Camping on the fairgrounds is a privilege. Campground regulations are governed by Michigan Department of Environment Great Lakes & Energy and enforced by the Berrien County Health Department (BCHD) and must be met at all times by the Berrien County Youth Fair. The following BCYF guidelines must be met by those camping on the fairgrounds. NO TENTS ARE ALLOWED.
*The camping fee includes 2 Adult Season passes and one pump-out on Wednesday or Thursday of fair week.
*You must have the service door to the holding tank valves unlocked or you will not be serviced!*
- Any camper violating camping rules or vehicle parking rules will be asked to leave and exhibits will be disqualified. Violations will result in revocation of future camping privileges.
- Campers will start parking in campsites in numeric order starting at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 12, 2023. Overnight stay will begin on Sunday, August 13, 2023.
- All camping units must have a permit issued by the Berrien County Youth Fair and visible at all times. It will list the unit size, type, # of campers and their names. This MUST be correct at time of entry.
- Units will leave between 9:00 a.m. and Noon on Sunday, August 20, 2023. No units will leave the fairgrounds before Sunday, 9 a.m. August 20, 2023. Early departure will result in revocation of future camping privileges.
- No more than two vehicles per unit will be allowed to be parked in designated exhibitor camping area parking. These vehicles must be registered with the Security Office and get a permit issued by the Berrien County Youth Fair. Permit must be visible at all times. There will be NO vehicle parking allowed in camper village.
- Campsites shall NOT be occupied by more than eight people and at least one of which is a current youth exhibitor.
At least one parent/grandparent or legal guardian must be present at the campsite to supervise minors.
- Water outlets are available in camping areas for filling purposes only. Direct connections are forbidden.
- Gray water WILL NOT be disposed of on the ground, per Michigan State Law. All waste must be disposed of properly by pumping. Anyone disposing of waste or gray water improperly will be evicted immediately from the fairgrounds and will lose future camping privileges. Use of Honey Wagon will require chemicals.
- Each camping unit MUST use min. 30 amp electrical connection, no additional connections permitted. A few sites have 50 amp, adapters not provided. ABSOLUTELY NO electrical cords are to be run to barns or permanent structures. No camper to camper connections. Extra cord might be helpful.
- Motorcycles, three-wheel RV’s, mopeds or golf carts are only allowed with BCYF Board of Director permission.
- Quiet Hours: 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Any camper or campers may be asked to leave for being disorderly.
- Campers must be in the camping area by midnight and are expected to remain in the camping area until 5:00am.
- Keep grounds neat and clean around camping units.
- Use of or possession of alcoholic beverages, narcotic drugs, marijuana (or any related products) and obscene literature of any description is forbidden on the fairgrounds. Smoking only allowed in designated parking lots.
- Pets are not allowed on the fairgrounds, except those to be shown in youth exhibitor classes on appropriate days, service animals, law enforcement dogs or commercial demonstration dogs. No livestock (equine, cattle, swine, sheep, goats, llamas, rabbits or poultry) are allowed in the camping area.
- No open flames (campfires, fire pits, candles, etc.) in the camping area. Use of gas grills are allowed in the camping area and must be noted on the application form & no charcoal is allowed. Gas grills are subject to inspection by Fire Marshal.
- No switching, changing or reselling of campsites is permitted without camping committee approval.
- The Berrien County Youth Fair reserves the right to relocate any camper at any time we deem necessary and shall have full charge of the camping area. BCYF will assign locations, collect fees, and generally supervise the camping areas. BCYF is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles.
- Any awnings & equipment must be secured at all times within your campsite.
- Pop up canopies are allowed. (that can easily be taken down quickly if storms come). They must be placed within
your campsite and secured properly
- Swimming pools are NOT allowed in the camping area.
- Camping concerns/complaints during Fair week should be taken to the Horse Entry office.